Copernicus Lodge is a not-for-profit healthcare organization that has been providing care and services to seniors in Toronto’s west-end community for over 40 years. Our team of frontline healthcare providers and staff provide direct compassionate care and services to seniors, including 228 residents in long-term care, 200 independent tenants (assisted living/supportive housing services) and up to 20 adult day program clients daily.
In addition to our Government Funding, the Polish Canadian community in West Toronto is a great asset to our organization. The generous support we receive from our donors and volunteers make Copernicus Lodge A Place to Call Home.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality of personalized care and service to meet each individual’s unique and changing needs. Everyone on our team is committed to providing comfort and care to help our residents live a happy and dignified life in a safe environment, while helping them maintain their independence and self-reliance, as well as their cultural and spiritual beliefs and practices.
Every day, our commitment is to:
- Provide a continuum of care in order to meet the changing needs of our seniors.
- Provide independent Self Care Apartments, Supportive Housing, Adult Day Program, and a full spectrum of Long-Term Care, as required by the government regulations and requirements.
- Give comfort and care to the elderly to enable them to live a happy, dignified and contented life, while at the same time preserving their individual self-reliance and self-determination.
- Assist the elderly by providing quality of care based on modern concepts and procedures in accordance with the Residents Bill of Rights.
- Create, provide and assist community-based programs, utilizing other health care providers, community organizations, volunteers, staff and Copernicus Lodge facilities.
- Meet the needs of individuals and strive to provide for their physical, cultural, social, spiritual, emotional and intellectual needs. The Board of Directors, Staff and Volunteers are to achieve the foregoing within the available resources and legal responsibilities of Copernicus Lodge.
Copernicus Lodge is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care & services to our aging community that offers a holistic and resident-focused approach.
Copernicus Lodge is the leading care provider & home of choice in the Community we serve.
Compassion, Respect & Dignity, Integrity, Excellence & Collaboration
Administrator: Aleksandra Grzeszczuk, Chief Executive Officer
- Phone: 416-536-7122 ext. 238
- Email: email@example.com
Director of Nursing: Carmen Miller, RN
- Phone: 416-536-7122 ext. 240
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Infection Prevention and Control Lead : Fiona Nelson, RPN, LTC- CIP
- Phone: 416-536-7122 ext. 234
- Email: email@example.com
- Report an urgent complaint: Call the Long-Term Care Family Support and Action Line: toll-free 1-866-434-0144
- Hours of operation: 8:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m., 7 days a week
- For non-urgent complaints, please visit the Ministry of Long-Term Care website: https://www.ontario.ca/page/long-term-care-home-complaint-process
- Copernicus Lodge Complaints Policy/Process
Current Annual Report for Copernicus Lodge
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
- Click here
- Guidance document: recommended steps: putting on personal protective equipment
- Video: putting on full personal protective equipment
- Video: taking off full personal protective equipment
- Videos: how to hand wash hands and how to use hand rub
- Respiratory etiquette:
- Social distancing:
- Read the Fixing Long-Term Care Act